The cafe at Coldwell Activity Centre closed its doors at the end of March 2016 for new opportunities for the conservatory.
It has panoramic views across the reservoir. Imagine a beautiful evening having a barbeque with friends and family with stunning views.
With a stone floor and stone steps down from the dining room to adjoin them, perfect for cleaning if any spillages of drinks from the kids.
The toilet is wheelchair friendly in the porch area, ideal for any guests with disabilities and also has a baby changing unit. A door leads out to the patio with kids play area and picnic benches including 2 wheelchair accessible benches.
The conservatory contains some wooden tables and chairs. The room is totally adaptable to your needs as they can be kept in for added dining or removed for other uses.
The conservatory also has a self-contained kitchen. This boasts from a large gas oven , extractor fan, microwave, fridge and all other essential items.
So far the conservatory has been a real bonus for groups for many uses :
* Extended dining – The dining room in Coldwell Activity Centre can seat 36 people. By using the conservatory, this allows for more comfortable dining space for a larger group.
* Function Room – The conservatory is an ideal function room for groups staying for the weekend to celebrate milestone birthdays. Recently we have had a 40th birthday and a few weeks later a 95th birthday! The groups commented on how good the space was to enable to separate the buffet from the social area.
On Sunday afternoons we have had the occasional children’s birthday party too. Parents have hired the space and arranged catering themselves to save on costs. It has its own self-contained kitchen so it is easy to do your own catering if need be.
Most recently we had a wedding function . The family had a marquee on the land at the back of the Centre for the main meal and speeches.
They used the conservatory for the children to have a separate party with pizza’s and fun craft activities. There was a few adults that drew the short straw of looking after the children. They stated the area was great. If the kids became bored , they went out to the play area so not disturbing the main event.
* Band practice- We have several bands and choirs using Coldwell for rehearsal weekends. It is an ideal place to blow your trumpet repeatedly without upsetting your neighbours. Before they have used the conference room or lounge with sofas taken out. Now the use of this space is beneficial so it is separate to their relaxing space. (although as we know with the amount of practice they do , they do not get much downtime!)
* Owls and hawk display-Recently we had an Owl display when a Primary school came for a day visit. The infants enjoyed interesting facts about owls with enthusiasts Margaret and Michael. Most had pictures taken with the owls and so did we, especially a very excited Nicola! The fact the owls looked almost like they were outside added to the atmosphere of them being there.
* Meditation and Yoga practice– Coldwell is popular for retreats due to its peaceful location. Previously they were held in the conference where you do not get the same outlook. The conservatory overlooks the reservoir so has a relaxing feel for these practices. Previous guests say this is a much improved space to use.
* Aromatherapy workshop-Before the workshops were held in the conference room. The conservatory now offers a far better environment for such a workshop.
* Christmas Party’s – We are happy to host Christmas Party’s for Young Carers groups as part of our bit, as we are a not-for-profit organisation. Now we can use the conservatory the benefit is we can have a buffet and a disco separately , so no breakdancing on the cheese and onion rolls.
Also in the summer holidays parents can club together to hire the conservatory. Ideal to take the kids in the great outdoors but with great flexibility and so much more than a park.
For more details , please contact us.